The MINES ParisTech Advanced Master's Degree "Design of Materials and Structures is a high-level up-to-date post-master educational programme in materials and modelling field.
It is certified by the French Conference des Grandes Ecoles (C.G.E.).
The courses are taught in French.
This high-level specialized training is led in association with industrial partners. It covers analytical techniques and materials testing for mechanical and physical applications, and provides both theoretical and hands-on training in the use of numerical modelling tools for structural design.
Academic courses and practical exercices
This part takes place in the Departement of Research on Materials at Evry Centre de recherche des Matériaux (MAT) de MINES ParisTech :
1- Basic courses
- Continuum Mechanics
- Physical metallurgy : basics
- Numerical methods
- Experimental methods and techniques
2- Focused courses
- Physical metallurgy of alloys
- Finite elements for linear and non linear problems
- Life predictions of structures
- Tools and methods for innovation projects
- Case studies
3- Specialty courses
- Contact mechanics and tribology
- Metallic alloys for aeronautical and automotive industries
- Models and numerical methods for mechanics and physico-chemistry
- Industrial processes
- Model and metamodel reduction in non linear mechanics
- Thermomechanical fatigue for aeronautical applications
- Heterogeneous materials
The case studies realized at Centre des Matériaux of MINES ParisTech allow the student to directly apply the concepts studied during the theoritical courses.
Six-month professional mission:
The professional mission is a specific study performed on a project given by an industrial company.
The student will be supervised by a professor and a representative from the company. The mission will end with a professional thesis and an oral defense.
Skills acquired :
- High level technical expertise on mechanics and materials
- Management of research and development teams
- Skills in project management during the technical manufacturing process
Further opportunities :
Experts in materials and structures programming
Engineering consulting companies or big companies : Safran, Renault, PSA, CEA, Airbus etc…
Highlights : - Efficient cooperation between Centre des Matériaux and companies of high technical level
- Full funding of the program by industrial partners
- Small classes with individual supervising
Last Modification : Friday 2 February 2018